Saturday 30 March 2013

EASTER

I have so been looking forward to this Bank Holiday weekend.  4 whole days off work, it has been a long time since Christmas.  I know that I have been on holiday, but that is not the same as having time at home.  Time to cook, time to catch up on jobs, time in the garden and at the allotment.  

Started the weekend off with decorating this corner of my home.  


Hung my owls and paper eggs on the twigs.  Added a jug of daffodils and these hyacinth candles.
Easter Bunny!  A quick crochet project that I found over at Attic 24
The pattern comes from Janette at the Greendragon fly Thank you so much for such an easy to follow tutorial and pattern.


 
 Yesterday I got stuck into some cooking

A batch of granary rolls, to go with 

 Carrot and orange soup, which apparently "as far as your soup goes this one isn't too bad"!!!!!!!!!!!!  


After a comment like that I wonder if I should have cooked him a ham.  This went down well, unlike the baking tray which the glaze welded itself to and I had to tackle it with a paint scraper!!

Hot cross buns, toasted with butter mmmmmmmmmmm...  Made without peel, as someone is not keen!
Also managed to get lots of seeds planted in the greenhouse this morning and some more kitchen cupboard doors painted and we are only half way through the weekend.
 
 
 

2 comments:

joy said...

Busy, busy, busy. Enjoy the rest of your weekend xx

tlcukjourney said...

Those owls are gorgeous! I have always loved Easter Trees! I keep saying I will get one and I just need to make that happen! And your dinner looks DIVINE!! I'll pop around for leftovers :)